Monday 9 September 2013

Surprise Throne of Skulls

Ok the surprise is for me, if it were for readers it would be a pretty terrible surprise especially considering that I'm the one going. One of my club mates bought a Throne of Skulls ticket, and recently discovered that they wouldn't be able to go, and so they have been attempting (with the permission of the organisers) to offload it.

Throne of Skulls is next weekend, and I'm meant to be moving back down to Oxford then, but I just dropped £700 on a new PC and ideally I'd like to take it back with me, so I thought, what the hell, I'll buy the ticket.


The main problem with the event is that I don't really know what to take. At the end of the day it's always going to come up to a toss up between my Wolves and Chaos Marines. Both armies are in need of some TLC. My Wolves need their bases redoing and some repair work, plus in the long term some paint jobs need straightening up. Whilst with my Chaos I need to make and paint 2 more Spawn plus a Heldrake.

Both armies are also not particularly great at translating into 1,500. Both are now designed for the UK GT which is at 1,650 and both are reluctant to drop points. Therefore, I've let the TOs at Throne of Skulls decide. If my Chaos Spawn are ok to go, then I'll run Chaos Marines, if not, I'll run Space Wolves. It's as simple as that.

Either way, the first time I went to Throne of Skulls I came away with a pretty poor record of 1 win, 1 draw and 3 losses. The second time around, I came away with 3 wins and 2 losses. So, in order to maintain this, I will need to come away with 4 wins and a draw this time around. Nothing wrong with aiming high, probably get a 2nd certificate in the space of a month too if I achieve that.

Ok, short post, but it's the best that I can do for today. I have stuff to paint, 2 newsletter articles to wrote, a Tournament to organise (not Throne of Skulls) and packing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment