Sunday 5 February 2012

First Scheduled Update

The purpose of doing schduled updates for what I've been up to is a simple one. It stops me from rambling on about my own hobby goings on in the posts that may actually be useful or interesting. There we go, now onto the update of my hobby goings on.

I'm going to kick off this first scheduled update with the spawning of a new list that I have created. The reason that I am so certain that this will become a reality is that I only need 3 blister packs and a box set to complete it. This is because it is a Necron list based around using as many models that I have from the old codex as possible, and I have built it around a rather strange idea, but I'll leave you to figure it out and see if you are right when I post a battle report when I first take the list for a test run. This should not take long, as this is a 1,500pt list that I am pitting head to head with my Orks to see which list I take to throne of skulls in the summer. The Ork list is essentially my Nobz list with the Loota squads trimmed down a little and the boyz swapped for a small gretchin unit. But without any further ado, here is the list.

HQ:

Imotekh the Stormlord

Royal Court 1:
-Harbinger of Eternity with Chronometron
-Harbinger of Despair with Veil of Darkness

Overlord with Warscythe on a Catacomb Command Barge

Royal Court 2:
-Lord with Ressurection Orb

Elites:

C'Tan Shard with Lord of Fire and Swarm of Spirit Dust

Troops:

14 Necron Warriors

9 Necron Warriors

Fast Attack:

6 Canoptek Scarabs

2 Destroyers – Both of which are heavy

Heavy Support:

Monolith


Total: 1,494

I've even actually got some of it painted. During the week I have painted and based the Scarab Swarms, the Heavy Destroyers and the C'Tan Shard. Classy.


They aren't the best painted models in the world but that wasn't really the intention, that is for my Daemons army. In which I have finished Skulltaker's classy yet simple base, but that's for another time.

The only other thing that I've managed to do is play a short game of the 40k based role-playing game Dark Heresy, which we just finished. This was so recent that I was actually writing the first part of this while playing. This was a lot of fun and would definitely recommend it. Also, using video call to play role playing games is actually pretty effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment