Sunday 19 May 2013

Bearers of the Word

I realise that I've been on a hiatus for the first time in a while, and the hiatus has been a while. However, I accept that, I have really needed it, there's been a lot going on with my course-work and exams and such, plus moving back up to Sheffield before going to work tomorrow. Plus a constant stream of back to back codecies that I've felt obligated to analyse since October.

However, I am really looking forward to the Eldar Codex, they were my first army and have been waiting for this for a long time, but don't want to miss out because I'm still doing Daemons, an army which I also play but not to the extent of the Eldar. So, what I'm planning on doing is taking a bit of a break from the Codex analysing until the Eldar come out, I may do the occasional one but for the most part it will be pictures of projects that I'm embarked on from day to day, battle reports, unit roles, etc. So, in a similar spirit, here is how my Word Bearers are developing.

On an additional note. Trickles of information are coming through from May 2013 Throne of Skulls. Surprisingly it appears that the best Dark Angels general took it, with a Ravenwing list no less. Heldrakes appear to be creeping back to their caves to slumber and feed as few armies take more than 1. Additionally, congratulations to Franco (check out www.40kglobal.com) for winning Best Tau player with a record of 5 wins 0 losses. Well done mate. But anyway, the meat of the post.

When the Chaos Marine Codex first hit I decided that I'd quite like to run a certain type of list a time or two. This list originally revolved around bringing tri-Land Raiders back, as 10 Chaos Marines can churn out over 40 attacks on the charge for 160pts. Plus Dirge Casters are really useful when running multiple Raiders. This list has evolved since then, so here's exactly what I've been doing to construct this new and improved version.

Word Bearers and Friends
Having got board of Grass, Gravel and Snow, I've decided to go for another basing scheme: Green Stuff. What I'm doing is I'm hand sculpting 'beach' bases for my models, making it look as though they're making an anti-heroic last stand or an initial invasion from the other side of the ocean. The guy on the left in the picture above has a finished base, the Bloodletter on the right is still having his painted.

The project itself is involving a lot of green stuff. As well as basing EVERYTHING I'm converting some Spawn too. as I'm looking for 6 plus additions for Boons I don't really want to spend £69+ on Spawn, so I've got my hands on a box of Vampire Counts Dire Wolves, and I'm sculpting metal plates on their sides to transfer the Mark of Nurgle on to (allowing me to paint over it if I just want to change mark) and bits of intesting flying out from underneath their rib cages. I've only converted one so far so pictures will be up when it's painted.

Other than that, I've got a Chaos Lord painted, he looks like he's standing on his rock in the middle of the ocean. I've also got a Land Raider painted, which I have named, 'Bane' based on the look of the gunner. My Aegis Defence Line has Land Raider bits and sculpted blood running down the walls, and my Bloodletters have bloodied swords.

So what exactly have I done and what exactly have I got left to do? Well:

Complete:

Land Raider

Chaos Lord with Axe of Blind Fury

Cultists

What's Left:

Finish Painting and Basing my Chaos Marine Squad

Assemble, Paint and Base another squad

Finish Painting and Basing the Bloodletters

Finish Painting and Basing the Bloodthirster

Finish Converting, Painting and Basing the Spawn

Buy a Chaos Lord

Buy a Land Raider.

Hopefully these lists will begin to change as the days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment